Hung Shing Temple, Ap Lei Chau
Unlike other temples which are supported by four pairs of pillars, this temple has one extra pair which serves to support the ceiling of the passageway at the side of the temple. The roof of the front hall is exquisitely decorated with Shek Wan pottery along its ridge.
Historical & Cultural Relics
Historical relics survived in the temple include an iron bell cast in 1773 and Shi Wan potteries made in Qing Dynasty.
Apart from the main deity of Hung Shing, the temple also houses Kwan Tai (God of War), Tai Sui (Sixty Gods of Time) and Kwun Yum (Goddess of Mercy).
Tin Hau Festival
Hung Shing Festival falls on the 13th day of the second lunar month. Theatrical performance and procession are organized by local residents to mark the occasion.
This temple had undergone major renovations in 1988 and 2005.